Institutional Excellence Award
Due Date: February 15, 2017
Notification: March 6, 2016
Award Ceremony: May 12, 2017 at the SSTESOL Conference
Purpose: To recognize outstanding contributions of K-12 schools and Higher Education institutions to the field of Teachers of English for Speakers of Other Languages, Teachers of English as a Foreign Language, Bilingual Education, Intensive English, Applied Linguistics and other related fields
Who’s Eligible: Florida K-12 schools and Higher Educational institutions
Award: $500.00 and a recognition certificate to each (1) K-12 school & (1) higher educational institution
- Nomination Process: A nominator will write a one-page letter of nomination, which describes the positive contributions and achievements of the nominee through programs, initiatives, activities, and events that reflect their mission and have significantly impacted the institution’s effectiveness and growth in TESOL.
- Supporting documentation (required): The K-12 School or Higher Education institution will send a one page narrative and evidence for each criteria in Word format (New Times Roman or Arial. Font size: 12) focusing on the criteria for this award. The accomplishments must demonstrate evidence of:
- The institution’s or school’s mission related to TESOL and how the institution or school is enacting its purpose.
- How the school or institution empowers and inspires teachers or faculty as well as other professionals within the institution or school.
- Ways to engage others in professional development and student learning.
- Demonstration of professional and financial support.
- Contributions to the development and expansion of program activities and initiatives; and
- Continuing professional development.
- Letter of Support: A letter from the institution’s President, Dean or Department Head or School Principal in support of the contributions of the department is required.
- Letter of Recommendation: One additional letter of recommendation from the President or designee of the institution or the School Superintendent, School Principal, or designee (one page maximum) providing information relevant to the factors above.