The Nominating Committee is accepting applications from SSTESOL members who wish to run for a board member positions.
Qualifications for prospective candidates:
• strong professional background in language education
• commitment to serve for 3 years
• member of TESOL and/or a local affiliate
• effective service as a leader or active participant in TESOL groups or organizational projects/events, within the past 3 years
• experience on a governing board or in a leadership role within another educational institution, community organization, service organization, and/or business organization
• live in Florida
The slate that the Nominating Committee chooses will have candidates representing diverse TESOL professions and diverse regions in Florida. The slate of candidates will balance board needs for addressing advocacy, professional development, and organizational functions.