Download Application information here SSTESOL Outstanding Educator Award
Due Date: March 15, 2013
Award Ceremony: May 17, 2013 SSTESOL Conference, Orlando, FL
Award Notification: April 15, 2013
Purpose: To honor TESOL/Bilingual Education professionals considered outstanding by their colleagues.
Who’s Eligible: Professional educators, administrators, or support staff with at least 5 years of experience in the field of ESOL in Florida.
Award: $500.00 USD each to (1) K-12 & (1) higher education professional
Nomination Process: A nominator will write a one-page letter of nomination, which describes the accomplishments of the nominee, especially highlighting achievements, which show the nominee to be the kind of ESOL professional who should be recognized for excellence. Additional information should be included to provide evidence of the criteria listed below:
- Ability to motivate and inspire students as well as other professionals in the field;
- A talent for engaging others in learning;
- Exceptional professional service outside the classroom;
- Involvement with professional colleagues/organizations; and
- Continuing professional development.
Recommendation Letter: One additional letter of recommendation (one page maximum) will be submitted, providing information relevant to the factors above.
Supporting documentation: The nominee will send a vita or resume and a written statement (500 words max) focusing on:
- Reasons for becoming an ESOL professional
- Professional philosophy
- Plans for further education and other creative endeavors, or activities that will enhance your role in the field of language education